7 Day Relax Wellbeing Programme
Welcome to your seven day relax wellbeing programme. Here are seven top tips from our herbal wellbeing experts to help you invite a slower, more balanced way of being into your life:
- When you wake, enjoy a gentle start to the day with a cup of Relax tea. Sit in a quiet space and set yourself a positive intention (or two) to carry with you through the day. Focus your mind on this for five minutes to help you to focus and maintain peace and order in your life.
- Keep calm and try Ashwagandha, Ayurveda’s primary adaptogenic herb, ashwagandha is the perfect herb for the 21st century as it both calms and energises, helping us to adapt to the stresses of every day living.
- Fast and convenience foods are tempting when we feel stressed as they are easy and quick. However, highly processed foods require more energy to breakdown, sometimes leaving us feeling tired.
Avoiding highly processed and sugary foods will actually in the long-term boost our energy levels. Soups, stews, root vegetables, and other simple, grounding foods are good choices.
- One of the most important steps to reducing stress is to slow down. Give yourself time during your day to follow these three yin yoga poses by Mind Body Bowl. Just five minutes in these gentle poses will help you to unwind and bring calm to your day.
- If you’re feeling stressed or anxious, turning to coffee for a boost may do more harm than good. High doses of caffeine and other stimulating substances can cause your body to make more stress hormones, increasing the draining effects of stress on your mind and body. Instead, try matcha green tea.
Green tea contains a small amount of caffeine to give you an energy lift, but also contains theanine, which can have a relaxing effect on the mind, reduce anxiety and help with focus and concentration. Matcha green tea in particular is said to contain a high percentage of calming theanine.
- End the day with a short meditation. Find a peaceful space, light a candle and focus on the flame for around five minutes. This will help focus the mind and calm any wayward thoughts left over from the day.
- Settle down with a warming Pukka Relax tea each evening before bed. A calming combination of chamomile, fennel and marshmallow, this soothing blend helps reduce pent up tension being held in our digestive system and nervous system. A cup of this each evening will help you to drift off into a peaceful, nourishing sleep.