What you do
- Soak the rice in water for 2 hours. Rinse thoroughly when done.
- Add the rice to a good, heavy-based saucepan, and pour in the coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and stir well once.
- Cover with the saucepan lid and turn down to the lowest heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the virgin coconut oil. Leave to steam in its own aroma for 5 minutes.
- Lightly toast the desiccated coconut, ladle the rice into plates or bowls, sprinkle the coconut over the top and serve.