join us, become a pukka person
Life at Pukka is fast paced and ever-evolving with excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
At the heart of our business is a diverse staff-force united in their dedication to be the best and wow our customers.
Become a Pukka Person and enjoy these benefits:
- Potential bonus
- Employer contribution to pension scheme
- Range of staff welfare benefits (product discounts, complementary health, personal development
- 22 days holiday (rising 1 day for each year of service, up to 28 days)
All this and herbal tea on tap for the duration of your working day!
Picking orders (i) ensuring that goods are Picked and despatched in a timely and well packaged manner (ii) Follow the goods-in procedure to ensure efficient location and rotation of stock (iii) Preparation of stock for works orders (iv) Help to ensure warehouse is a safe environment and that procedures and training are followed at all times (v) assist in the monthly and 6 monthly stock takes.Duties and Responsibilities: Goods-in
- Booking in of goods against purchase order and delivery note at warehouse entrance
- Participate in vehicle unloading and safe supervision
- To liaise with Warehouse supervisor and QC regarding the arrival of new stock
- To provide QC with relevant samples for assessing prior to batch release.
- Put stock into the correct bay location using barcode scanners.
- Participate in the picking of orders using handheld barcode scanners.
- Pick and pack orders to ensure timely dispatch, using ‘1 pick, 1 pack’ system to minimise errors, to ensure that order deadlines are met (All orders received by 12pm should go the same day)
- Liaise with customer services to ensure accurate communication of packing requirements, pallet/box dimensions, weights etc as well as assessing the status of back orders/orders on hold.
- Use the daily Interlink and Royal Mail returns on-line and supervise loading. Ensure that packing methods minimise cost to Pukka or our customers by awareness to box size, weight price breaks and pallet assembly.
- Ensure that packing is always neat and is adapted to minimise the likelihood of damages. Systems should be continually upgraded.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork accompanies deliveries. All packing notes must be neatly completed.
- Break down bulk herbs to be sent to manufactures to be encapsulated (on a rota basis)
- Break down bulk herbs to be packed into 500g gold bags (on a rota basis)
- Bottle oils (on a rota basis)
- Carry out all procedures as per SOP’s and report any QC issues immediately.
- Store stock into the correct locations using Axis diplomat.
- Take part in warehouse cleaning, organisation and recording, in line with QC, H&S and requirements of our various certification schemes
- Take part in monthly and 6 monthly stock counts (on a rota basis)
- Preferably educated to GCSE standard or NVQ in warehousing.
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Fork Lift License
- Food hygiene
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of warehousing
- Experience of computerized stock management/order systems
- Ability and confidence to work independently
- Ability to follow systems and controls
- Ability to use computer systems for stock management, email etc
- Hardworking, enthusiastic team player, prepared to muck in to get the job done
- ‘Can-do’ approach – ask and learn!
- Calm, flexible mature approach, able to react to changing circumstances
- Conscientious and customer focused
- Ability to get on with people at all levels
- Empathy with the company style and ethics
NB: The nature of this work requires the job-holder to be physically fit, able to lift reasonable weights and use ladders
|Location||Hartcliffe, South Bristol BS14|
|Hours||Full Time, Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm (some flexibility is required to cover early/late delivery/collections and Saturday stock takes when required)|
|Holiday||22 days holiday (rising by 1 day for each year of service, up to 28 days)|
|Benefits||Access to stakeholder pension after successful completion of probationary period Free parking Range of staff welfare benefits (product discount, complementary health, personal development)|